In March 2014, the Government of Cyprus adopted an amendment to the law, which allows foreign investors to obtain the citizenship of Cyprus (EU) and a Cypriot passport through a special governmental programme.
- The citizenship process takes about 6 months
- Citizenship is granted to the spouse of the investor and all financially dependent children under the age of 28
- The investors’ parents are also entitled to obtain the citizenship of the Republic of Cyprus
- Visa-free travel to more than 170 countries
- Cypriot citizens have the right to enter, live, study and work in the EU and other countries of the European Economic Area (Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, etc.).
- The Cypriot law allows dual citizenship
- The investor does not have to reside permanently in Cyprus
- There are no exams on the official language or history of the country
WHO IS THE PROGRAMME FOR?
The programme is for those who want to travel to more than 158 countries around the world without a visa. Furthermore, the Cypriot Passport allows you to live, work and study in any country of the European Union, as well as to optimize taxation.